Charlotte has been hand making beautiful and practical homeware and accessories since 2010; with a background in embroidery and degree in Textile Design, she quickly discovered her unique style of illustrative embroidery and has been hand making a unique range of printed and embroidered homeware items for the past twelve years from her studio in the Cotswolds.
It is here in the countryside surrounded by fields of wildflowers that Charlotte developed her embroidered designs into printed fabric collections. Finding inspiration in the colours and flora of the countryside, from wild cow parsley blooming in every hedgerow throughout summertime to hens pecking quietly in neighbour’s gardens. Her British-made homeware collection ranges from linen cushions, embroidered linen tea towels and kitchen accessories, to co-ordinating stationery and beautiful screen printed crockery.
F A B R I C
‣ Our CM fabric is printed sustainably using pigment based inks. This type of print requires much smaller quantities of colour compared to other techniques (therefore creating less waste) - and also means that the fabric doesn't need further processing or washing off once printed = use of less water AND energy.
‣ We use a lot of linen! Linen is a wonderfully sustainable (and fully biodegradable) fabric made from natural flax fibres, the whole flax plant is used in production so nothing is wasted (hello linseed oil and flax seeds!) Linen production also uses very little water - flax is the second most water efficient fibre, after hemp. Also - linen is super durable, so your lovely homewares are much less likely to wear out compared to other materials. No disposable consumer culture here!
S T A T I O N E R Y
‣ Our greetings card range is made from sustainably sourced paper, with 100% recycled kraft envelopes and packaged either 'naked' or in biodegradable corn starch sleeves.
P A C K A G I N G
‣ We use recycled or reused packaging materials wherever possible - from brown paper and cardboard to corn starch 'beans' - all 100% biodegradable! Where bubble wrap is needed we will either reuse wrap that we have collected, or you may notice that the wrap we post your goodies in is green - this bubble wrap is made from at least 15% recycled polythene and is fully recyclable after use. Don't forget to reuse all of your packaging too!
"Charlotte's range of stitched kitchenwares immediately casts a spell on you. As well as being chic, contemporary and incredibly well-made, they're completely and utterly irresistible"
– Harriet Brunsdon: production editor, Cross Stitcher magazine